The Thrive Foundation was created to improve the mental, emotional and physical health and wellbeing of people of all ages, backgrounds, genders and races living with HIV.
It was founded in 2015 after the success of a pilot 6-month programme: the Thrive Programme.
WHAT WE ACHIEVED IN 2016
- Increase in mental and emotional health of 24%
- Increase in status disclosure to sexual partners by 90%
- Increase in self-care habits of 38%
- Increase in medical interaction of 28%
- Delivery of 6-month Thrive Programme, 5 Open Day workshops and 2 Thriver workshops
WHAT WE ACHIEVED IN 2015
- 30% increase in mental and emotional health scores within 6 months
- 60% increase in status disclosure to sexual partners
- 40% increase in disclosure to friends and family
- Over £10,000 raised through personal donations, with over 100 backers
- Appearances on Gaydio and in Boyz, Huffington Post and SALT Magazine